AM1-S100 Frequency Synthesizer
The AM1-S100 is a small form-factor frequency synthesizer that is indispensable for laboratory work where multiple coherent precision frequency references are needed. A block diagram of the frequency synthesis portion is shown in Figure 1. The filter bank shown in Figure 2 is used to suppress unwanted harmonics from the 10 – 1344 MHz output while also providing precision output amplitude control.
Main features include:
- Disciplined (frequency-locked to GPS precision 1 PPS signal) 10 MHz OCXO for exceptional long term frequency stability
- 3 coherent 10 MHz CMOS outputs
- 1 coherent 10 MHz sine wave output
- Phase-locked 100 MHz VCXO for exceptionally clean 100 MHz output
- 3 coherent 100 MHz LVDS outputs with excellent close-in as well as far-out phase noise performance
- 1 coherent 100 MHz sine wave output with similar spectral purity
- 3 coherent 10 MHz CMOS outputs divided down from the 100 MHz VCXO output for excellent close-in as well as far-out phase noise performance
- Main frequency synthesizer covering 10 MHz through 1344 MHz contiguously
- Tunable output filter bank with amplitude control
- All harmonics suppressed to < –50 dBc
- Precision amplitude leveling versus frequency
- 30 dB output power control range in 0.5 dB steps
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional details.